Rest API Training
- Home /
- Rest API Training
API (Application Programming Interface) endpoints are the connections between your application and the rest of the developer community. In this course you will learn about writing secure, developer-friendly APIs that will make your back-end application thrive and keep your users happy.
At the end of this course you will create the back-end for a social application called “Meet n’ Eat” that matches together users based on their location and food interests.
Many of the APIs you’ll encounter on the Web use an underlying design idea known as REST, which stands for Representational State Transfer. Understanding what and how a REST API provides will help you build better and stronger APIs for your users.
What you’ll learn
- Design and Develop RESTful API by applying the best practices & REST constraints.
Write specifications in Swagger2.0/OAI specifications in YAML format
- Leverage some of the common API management platforms for building API proxies (APIGEE, IBM API Connect, Mulesoft Anypoint)
- Create practices for API security, versioning, lifecycle management, documentation and other important aspects
- Create an API management strategy for your enterprise
- Any one modern programming language such as Java or Node JS or Go or PHP
- Familiarity with web application architecture
- Idea on XML or JSON formats
- Understanding of the concept of service